Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oh my aching back...

Bed rest is not for those with wimpy backs!  Especially pregnant ones!  If only I could lay on my back it might be ok!

So as you may have guessed, I'm still on bedrest for the weekend, bummer.  Baby and I are just fine, it's just my blood pressure likes to be elevated if I'm sitting upright.  Kevin and I sat in labor and delivery last night for about two hours to monitor me and baby as far as this blood pressure stuff goes.  All testing came back clear that I do not have "pregnancy induced hypertension" which is REALLY good news, we just need to rest a lot.  I went from 144/94 sitting up to 116/60 laying down.  So they let us go home with strict orders that I have to rest and recline as much as possible, no shopping and no house cleaning.

...and that is this weekend's friendly update.

1 comment: