Thursday, January 28, 2010

A night of bedrest...

Tonight I get to be a bum.  My midwife visit today revealed higher than normal blood pressures so she decided I was done working for the remainder of the pregnancy.  I've had borderline high pressures but today was higher than normal.  Thankfully I only had two more days to work, so it's not going to make too much of a difference, both to us and work!  I was also directed to be on strict bedrest for at least 24 hours, tomorrow they'll recheck my blood pressure and we'll go from there.  I guess the concept of an early induction is back on the table if things don't straighten out!  We'll see...

I can say that baby is doing very well.  Kevin and I watched it doing its Riverdance practice just before dinner!  Actually, I'm not sure if it's Riverdance or Cirque du Soleil.  It is absolutely crazy to see how much my belly moves!  Just think, if they induce we could be seeing this performer in the next two weeks or so!

1 comment:

  1. Not that I want your baby to arrive early or anything...but I am so excited for him or her to arrive!! It's almost time! Woohoo!

    We missed you at work tonight :(

    ReplyDelete