Monday, February 1, 2010

1st Midwife visit for the week

There goes that induction word again!  My blood pressure is just crazy and not cooperating!  At the office today it was 145/95 sitting and 30 minutes later after reclining it was 122/60.  I'll be revisiting the midwives on Thursday and revisiting labor and delivery on Friday, if I'm still having the pressure issues and if the protein in my urine increases they'll highly recommend inducing - most likely this Saturday!  Yikes!

Risks associated with PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) for baby:  not getting enough nutrients and blood supply, so basically not enough oxygen and food.  Risks for me, developing pre-eclampsia and decreased blood flow to some important organs, and then some.

We had a little talk with the belly last night encouraging baby to come out on its own asap, so unless it actualy listens to us you can expect the next update, Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment