Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Missing J.J.


Sweet J.J. couldn't fight the cancer anymore.  We miss him greatly.  A few days ago I had Ruby lying on the floor, I was in the kitchen and when I peeked my head out to check on her this is what I saw!  At one point I think J.J. was snuggled between Ruby and Drake, although it didn't last very long, it was so cute to see.

I like to keep the happy and fun thoughts of J.J. fresh in my memory, Kevin and I talked of the things we'll be reminiscing about if a few years, and we'll remember the way he could pick out his "ball of the day" out of a pile of balls that look identical!  He could tell if you threw the wrong ball before he'd take five steps in its direction.  I remember one day watching E.R. with my Mom at her house and he played fetch for the entire episode, and then some.  He loved to roll in people's hair, he'd dive into long or short locks if you were anywhere at his level.  We would classify his gas as silent but deadly.  It seemed like once a year he'd make a doozy of a hot-spot somewhere on his body, this last one left his left butt cheek bald, I called him Two-Cheeks (like Two-Face)!  Like most small dogs, he was a great hoover and prepared to catch anything that fell from our dinner plates!  He had a great radar, a little too great!  He'd notify us of anything in the distance, anything!  He was at times known as Sir Bark A Lot.  Another one of his many nicknames was Tick Tack, because that's what we heard on the hard flooring of the hallway from his nails. 

Love you J!

No comments:

Post a Comment