Monday, April 19, 2010

Dear Ruby


Dear Ruby Anne,
I used your middle name because I'm supposed to - when you're being a troublemaker!  Babies are supposed to sleep, you're a baby, please sleep!  I really shouldn't complain, you slept 7 1/2 hours last night, but it took us all weekend to get you there!  We had friends over for your first bonfire Saturday night, and you cried, a lot.  You only slept when I had you wrapped up on me and snuggled in close.  Silly Mommy thought I could transfer you to bed.  I think it was officially 1:00 am when you finally dozed off into early morning slumber.  Sunday morning you napped for about 20 minutes.  20 minutes.  We drove to Grandma Wickman's house to celebrate a few April birthdays, which is where you got about 15 of your 20 minute nap!  I will say you did very well at Grandma's house, a very nice birthday gift to your Grandmother.  But only napped for about 10 minutes, two separate times.  Then there was the drive home.  I still have this little ringing in my ear!  You screamed, so loud, the entire drive home.  I am glad to report that you fell into a beautiful evening slumber at around 10:00 pm and slept until 5:30 am!  Good girl Ruby!  (notice I didn't use your middle name this time!?)

Ruby's first bonfire


Celebrating birthdays for Auntie Joellen, Grandma Wickman and Mommy!


1 comment: